- Green moong dal – ¾ cup
- Onion big (chop length wise) – 2 nos.
- Tomato (finely chopped)– 2 nos.
- Green chilly– 2 nos.
- Ginger (finely chopped)– 1 inch piece
- Garlic (finely sliced) – 6 cloves
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
- salt – to taste
- water – 3 cups or as required
- To temper
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Cloves -2 nos.
- Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- Wash and soak green moong dal for 5 hours.
2. Heat a pressure cooker with 2 tbsp of oil and temper with items given under ‘ To Temper’.
3. Once done, add tomato and sauté till soften. Then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder & garam masala into it and cook until mixture oozes out oil. At last add coriander leaves and mix well.
4. Add drained green moong dal, required salt & enough water into it and stir well.
5. Healthy green moong dal curry is ready to be served for dosa, roti, parathas.
- 1 cup is equal to 250 ml
- After soaking green moong dhal will be double in size(Soak dhal accordingly)