- Home made idli /dosa batter – 4 cups
- Onion big – 1 no.
- Coconut slits – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Carrot grated (medium size) – 1 no.
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Asafetida / HIng – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with items given under ‘To Temper’ in order. Then add onion, green chillies ginger & turmeric powder and sauté until it turns soft.
2. Now add grated carrot into it and fry for few minutes . Next add required salt, coconut slits and this masala mixture into batter and mix well.
3. Heat the kuzhi paniyaram pan and pour 3 to 4 drops of oil in each holes. Then fill small ladle of batter in each holes. Allow panniyaram to cook one side, then flip over the other side using spoon until its crisp.
4. Tasty masala kuzhi paniyaram is ready. Serve hot with red chutney.